Compensation for accidents work applies to injuries sustained at work and can also be applied to problems arising from the work but does not produce direct damage. This can include the disease of mind.
If a worker suspects that mental illness can be directly related to your job or work environment, must file a claim for accidents work and seek help from a mental health professional.
- Locate the claim form for compensation for accidents of work specific to your state. Each state has different forms, so use a search engine and type “claim form for compensation for accidents working in California “or the corresponding state. If it is difficult to find the form online, every employer should have filed forms
- Complete the section “employee” of the form. Sign and date the form.
- Make a copy of the completed form for your records.
- Send the completed form to the company. They then process the form.
- Seeking treatment. Informs the employer that you are doing that. Depending on the state, may have specific doctors who are approved for that matter.
Tips and Warnings
- Continued contact with the employer during the treatment to ensure that the claim is accepted and see what other measures may require the employer.